What causes Constipation?
In most cases, constipation is a bile flow issue. Bile, produced by the liver, is a lubricant for your poop. Most people make the mistake of taking laxatives for constipation, without resolving the underlying cause of lack of bile flow. This makes them laxative dependent and gives them “lazy bowel syndrome”. The reason there’s a lack of bile flow is because most people have a “stagnant liver” due to toxins and inflammation. Liver stagnation is a Traditional Chinese medicine terminology. Check out my Free Holistic Medicine Courses Online and my holistic medicine books for more information.
What helps with Constipation?
Natural remedies for constipation include best liver detox and best herbs for liver repair, liver friendly foods (cruciferous veggies), bitter foods to stimulate bile flow, liver herbs like milk thistle, dandelion, (I can add more details if you like), homeopathic remedies for liver health as well as homeopathy for constipation. Castor oil packs also improve bile flow and soften the stool so it can come out easily.
How to help with Constipation:
- Does fiber help with constipation? – This is where supplementing with fiber and laxatives can help, but also changing the diet to include more greens and fiber. Senna is a common herbal laxative.
- Inflammation and food sensitivities – often overlooked. Food sensitivities (typically wheat and dairy) can exacerbate gut issues, sometimes causing diarrhea, sometimes constipation. This is often termed as “IBS” by the conventional medical community because they are not sure what the cause is in most cases.
- Physical trauma – Can trauma cause constipation? After a fall, some people have constipation due to “shock”.
- Emotional issues – I’ve had several patients whose constipation has resolved after they “let go” of a certain emotion or “secret” that they had never told anyone.
- Peristalsis or gut motility issue – the gut is not moving as well as it should be – this is where massage, laxatives, castor oil packs and emotional healing help.
- Can medication cause constipation? Yes, because of its effect on gut motility as well as its effect on leaky liver and bile flow
- Does water help with constipation? Lack of water or having too much caffeine / diuretic drinks that make you lose too much water. The resulting dehydration can also cause constipation.
- Can thyroid issues cause constipation? Low thyroid function also causes constipation. Thyroid hormones are needed by all cells of your body, including your gut muscles, gut lining (involved with secreting water into your gut) and your liver cells. When thyroid hormones are low, gut motility and liver bile flow reduce.
If you’d like to know more:
Start your Free Holistic Medicine Courses to learn all about on Natural Home Remedies to Heal Leaky Gut in 2 Weeks.
Click here to read my bestselling Holistic Medicine Books, Liver health books, Best books about gut health and more.
Book an appointment at Holistic Medicine & Naturopathic Doctor Near Me to heal from depression, anxiety, weight, inflammation, hormones, fatigue, libido, gut health, liver toxicity, adrenal fatigue and emotional pain.
Would you like to attend an in-person course with holistic Naturopathic doctors? Click here!
Get well soon!
HEAL YOUR MIND & BODY TOGETHER
Get Your Free Holistic Medicine Course & eBook
Natural remedies for anxiety, depression, leaky gut syndrome, liver detox, adrenal fatigue, mental health, trauma, hormones, ancestral trauma & chronic disease
You will now be taken to Video 1 of Your Free Course. Please check your inbox for your free ebook and video links